First post

This blog is about books. I love reading books, and hardly a day goes by in which I do not read, even if it is only one page.

Since November 2005 I've been adding the books that I've read to my LibraryThing catalog. This is a great way of keeping track of the books you've been reading. I've made the choice not to add all the books that I own, but just the books that I've read in since November 2005. Only thing is I would like to add more information about the books and I can't in LibraryThing. That is why I'm starting this blog. The idea is to write a little something about every book I've read. And add some more book related information when and where I want to.

I'm also a memeber of BookCrossing. There I read about the so-called abc-challenge; read 26 books from authors that you've not read before, with names starting with each letter of the alphabet. The idea is to do this within a year. I'm not sure I can do that, but I am going to start my own abc-challenge. The extra challenge I put myself is to do it in alphabetical order. So I'm going to start with the A and end with the Z. I will keep you posted about how it's developing here!

I've also thought about doing a numbers-challenge; read a book with a number in the title. I'm not sure if it is possible to find books with each number, but I'm going to try. First one: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

No comments: