Top 10 of Favourite Books

This blog is only about books I am reading now or in the future. But naturally there have been lots of books I've read in the past that have made a lasting impression. So I've tried to make a list of the 10 most favourite books I've read in my life. Which is of course impossible. This list is far from complete. It does not include any Dutch books, or books I read in my childhood. If I'm asked to make this list again a month from now, part of it will probably be the same, but I'm sure there will be other books on it as well. So for what it's worth, if I had to go to an desert island these are the books I would take with me (only not really, because if I really had to go to a desert island I'd probably be better off taking a survival handbook!):

1. Mutiny on the Bounty - Charles Nordhoff & James Norman Hall
2. The Princess Bride - William Goldman
3. A Pair of Blue Eyes - Thomas Hardy
4. Wuthering Heights - Emily Brontë
5. On the Beach - Nevil Shute
6. A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
7. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
8. Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
9. The Cider House Rules - John Irving
10. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne

No comments: